Successor to our best-selling DAC+ Pro XLR
Based on our venerable DAC+ Pro, this new design inherits the best features of our DAC +Pro board (dual-domain clocks, Burr-Brown chip, etc.), but has a newly designed signal path for better performance.
In this model, we also add a headphone amp and jack for private listening. In addition, all ‘2’ series boards are designed with a second header to support add-on boards such as our DSP module, which enables users to create and apply filters for room and speaker correction allowing for greater purity of signal than would be possible ‘downstream’ after the signal is converted to analog.
NOTE: These boards are sold in ESD protective packaging only, cardboard outer box and spacers are not included.
• Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC
• Low-jitter clock for optimized performance (independent from Raspberry Pi clock sources)
• Headphone jack for private listening (replaces our DAC+ Phone board)• Hardware volume control for DAC. You can control the output volume using “alsamixer” or any application that supports ALSA mixer controls.
• Supports HiFiBerry DSP add-on module
• Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
• No soldering, you just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi.
• Compatible with all Raspberry Pi models with a 40-pin GPIO connector
• Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply required
• HAT compliant, EEPROM for automatic configuration
• Gold plated RCA output connectors
• Included 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to mount the board onto the Raspberry Pi
• Requires at least Linux kernel 4.19.97
NOTE: Requires our DAC2 case if used with add-on boards. Will fit in earlier DAC cases for PI3 and Pi4 if used without the add-on boards.