The HiFiBerry DAC2 HD is our most sophisticated and best performing board, designed for demanding audiophiles who expect the best performance possible.
Based on our venerable DAC+ Pro, the DAC2 HD is our best performing product yet, designed for audiophiles who demand the best possible audio reproduction. By inheriting the best features of our +Pro board (dual-domain clocks, Burr-Brown chip, etc.), and adding linear power filters to reduce noise, the DAC2 delivers more excitement in your music than ever before.
In addition to the enhanced performance of the DAC2, this model series will also support add-on boards such as a DSP module, to support user-designed filters for room and speaker correction in the digital domain. This allows for far greater purity of signal than would be possible ‘downstream’ after the signal is converted to analog.
• Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC
• Custom current-to-voltage output stage with high-end filtering
• Four ultra-low-noise linear voltage regulators for optimal audio performance
• Low-jitter clock for optimized performance (independent from Raspberry Pi clock sources)
• Hardware volume control for DAC. You can control the output volume using “alsamixer” or any application that supports ALSA mixer controls.
• Supports HiFiBerry DSP add-on module
• Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
• No soldering, you just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi.
• Compatible with all Raspberry Pi models with a 40-pin GPIO connector
• Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply required
• HAT compliant, EEPROM for automatic configuration
• Gold plated RCA output connectors
• Included 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to mount the board onto the Raspberry Pi
• Requires at least Linux kernel 4.19.97
NOTE: Requires our DAC2 case if used with add-on boards. Will fit in earlier DAC cases for PI3 and Pi4 if used without the add-on board.